Blog for Zip line Attraction in the Smoky Mountains
Located in Pigeon Forge, TN and near Gatlinburg and Sevierville.
By Ross Bodhi Ogle
Posted on August 20, 2014
If you don't currently have plans to visit the Smokies in the next few weeks, you might want to give that some consideration. Now that schools are back in session, weekday visitation has dropped off a good bit, which means the shops and attractions and restaurants aren't as crowded, and it's a good bit easier to get around town.
There's also a lot going on in the communities of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg over the next few weeks, giving you even more choices of things to do while you're here. Here's a quick look at just a few of the happenings taking place during the next week.
• Gatlinburg Songwriters Festival –The third annual Gatlinburg Songwriters Festival is four days of live music at a variety of venues throughout town. Taking place August 21 through 24, the event features songwriters not only performing their music but telling you the stories behind them. Although the event features competitions, showcases and workshops for participants, the performances are open to the public.
• Celebrate Freedom – Pigeon Forge continues to honor America's veterans through the end of the month with discounts for active and veteran military personnel as well as police and firefighters at many participating businesses.
• Ronnie McDowell and Billy Joe Royal – These two country artists will be performing at Country Tonite Theatre in Pigeon Forge on August 22, starting at 8 p.m.
• Smoky Mountain Military & Relic Show – Taking place August 23 and 24 at the Smoky Mountain Convention Center in Pigeon Forge, this show features authentic Civil War-era muskets, rifles, pistols, photos, uniforms and other rare artifacts, relics and collectibles.
• Welcome Home Vietnam Parade – Show your support for Vietnam veterans as 500 of them march in this parade on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge on August 23. The event will feature marching veterans and soldiers, military vehicles, motorcycle groups, marching bands, floats, sports cars, helicopters and more.
And if you're going to be anywhere in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg or Sevierville, zipline fun at Smoky Mountain Ziplines is a pretty eventful experience too. You'll find us just two miles off the Parkway in Pigeon Forge.