Blog for Zip line Attraction in the Smoky Mountains
Located in Pigeon Forge, TN and near Gatlinburg and Sevierville.
By Ross Bodhi Ogle
Posted on April 8, 2014
If you're staying in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee this week, you've picked a busy one. In addition to all the usual attractions, shows, shops and restaurants at your disposal, there's a pretty full calendar of special events taking place in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. Here's a quick overview of what's going on:
• Guided Walks And Tours Of Gatlinburg – These guided outings offer a number of topics and destinations. Look for wildflowers on a naturalist tour of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, do a birds-only walk in the national park, or take a two-hour tour of downtown Gatlinburg. Tours run through April 20. Learn more at: http://www.gatlinburg.com/events/details.aspx
• Smoky Mountain Tunes & Tales – Enjoy live street performances of musicians, storytellers and artisans in downtown Gatlinburg, daily through August 9.
• Mountain Man Memorial March – On April 12, pay tribute to our men and women in uniform by participating in this 26.2-mile march through the mountains.
• Movies At The Island – Every Thursday through May 15, come to The Island in Pigeon Forge for a family-friendly movie, free of charge.
• Pigeon Forge Spring Rod Run – On April 11 and 12, custom car enthusiasts from all over the country will converge in Pigeon Forge to show off their flashy four-wheeled friends.
• The Tennessee Smokies host the Chattanooga Lookouts at Smokies Park in Sevierville nightly, April 9 through 13.
• Bring the kids to downtown Sevierville on April 12 for an Easter egg hunt and photos with the Easter Bunny.
Of course, don't forget that this is great weather for ziplining and that we've got the best zip lines in Tennessee. We hope to see you soon at Smoky Mountain Ziplines!