Blog for Zip line Attraction in the Smoky Mountains
Located in Pigeon Forge, TN and near Gatlinburg and Sevierville.
By Ross Bodhi Ogle
Posted on October 25, 2016
We're always telling people how fun ziplining is. That's because we know how fun it is. And our previous customers know how fun it is. But sometimes, we run into skeptics – especially people who have never ziplined before – who have serious doubts about how fun ziplining really is. And strangely, one of the most frequent objections we hear is, “Yeah, but is ziplining more fun than standing in line at the post office?”
So this week, we're going to actually take the time and respond to all the people who, for some reason, think standing in line at the post office is a good time. Hopefully, by the time they finish reading this well-thought-out line of reasoning, they'll be convinced that ziplining really is more fun than standing in line at the post office and that Smoky Mountain Ziplines is home to the best ziplines Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg have to offer.
1) When ziplining, you're moving really, really fast, whereas when you're standing in line at the post office, you're motionless. What would you rather do – go flying down a zipline at high speed, way up in the treetops, with the wind in your face? Or stand dead still, trying to entertain yourself by listening to the loud cell phone conversation of the person in line behind you or trying to figure out exactly what's in those boxes she's shipping?
2) When ziplining, you get to breathe lots of fresh air. When you're standing in line at the post office, it smells like – well, a post office. Very stampy and boxy. And sometimes, the people in line with you may not have been very conscientious about their bodily hygiene that day, which can make the situation even more awkward.
3) Ziplining is conducive to laughing and joking around with your fellow group members. If you're doing a canopy tour with friends or family members, ziplining has a way of bonding people through a fun, shared experience. There's usually lots of joking around, encouragement or, at worst, a little bit of shared nervous energy before that first zipline run. And our guides are great at interacting with guests and keeping them entertained. So you're going to have a good time. At the post office, you're probably not going to talk to the people standing in line with you, because no one really wants to share that experience. And once you get to the next available clerk, you'll discover that they're all business – more concerned about helping you mail your letters and packages than entertaining you. Go figure.
4) At Smoky Mountain Ziplines, you'll be surrounded by the beauty of nature. Our course is laid out on a wooded mountainside that's really gorgeous this time of year. And from some vantage points, you'll see outstanding views of the rest of the Great Smoky Mountains. At the post office, all there is to look at are shipping materials, other bored customers and that list of the FBI's 10 most wanted criminals.
5) At Smoky Mountain Ziplines, we'll take photos of you on one of the ziplines, giving you the opportunity to take home a keepsake that will generate fond memories for years to come. At the post office, they'll give you a receipt for your stamps.
6) Smoky Mountain Ziplines offers guests a new course this year with more zipline fun than ever before. At the post office, they've been using that same line for decades.
So there you go. If you're not convinced at this point that Smoky Mountain Ziplines is more fun than standing in line at the post office, then we're not sure there's much hope for you. But if we've made ziplining sound fun in any way, then contact us to book a tour and get in on the fun yourself.