Blog for Zip line Attraction in the Smoky Mountains
Located in Pigeon Forge, TN and near Gatlinburg and Sevierville.
By Ross Bodhi Ogle
Posted on September 13, 2016
Any day we're open for business is a great time to come see us at Smoky Mountain Ziplines. The fact of the matter is that ziplining is a whole lot of fun for all ages, so spending a morning or afternoon at our Smoky zipline attraction is always going to be time well spent.
But we've thought of several other good reasons for not putting off a trip to our Pigeon Forge outpost. In fact, there are several compelling arguments to be made for why you should get in a ziplining excursion this week. Even if you just have time to drive into the Smokies for the weekend or even just one day, we hope that we might be able to talk you into seizing that day.
1. Nice forecast – We're expecting a cool front to push through the area this weekend, and although there are some scattered showers predicted, the weather won't be a total washout. And with that front will come cooler temperatures, with highs only in the mid-80s and lows in the 60s and even 50s. Nothing makes an outdoor activity more pleasant than being able to enjoy it in comfortable weather, so if you can squeeze in a zipline trip in the next week or so, you're in for some great early-fall conditions.
2. Smaller crowds – Right now, our weekends are still pretty busy, but if you can manage a trip to Smoky Mountain Ziplines on a weekday, you'll be able to take advantage of the fact that kids are in school, and most families won't be taking vacation time in the middle of the week. That means our tour groups may not be at full capacity, which means less waiting for your next ride on the ziplines to come around.
3. Our new zipline course – We just unveiled a new course back in May, and it's already getting rave reviews from our customers, both old and new. Each line offers its own unique zipline experience, with plenty of airtime, scenic opportunities and high-speed fun. In addition to the seven new lines on our canopy tour, we offer a rappelling feature between two of our ziplines as well as a new braking system that takes a lot of the work out of your hands, freeing you up to spend more time enjoying the ride.
4. Fun events – In addition to being able to zipline, there are several cool things going on in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville this week. For example, in Gatlinburg, you can sample dishes from the area's best restaurants at the annual Taste of Autumn event at the city's convention center on the 15th, while in Pigeon Forge, you can check out a lot of neat cars at the annual Fall Rod Run, September 15 through 17. Meanwhile, in Sevierville, you can give your ears a treat at the Dumplin Valley Bluegrass Festival, also the 15th through the 17th.
5. Everything else about the Smokies – This is one of the best times of year to make a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. No matter which town you stay in or visit, you're never far from some of the region's great attractions as well as more restaurants and shopping opportunities than you can shake a stick at. And of course, there's Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which is in our backyard. Come celebrate the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service at the most visited park in the entire nation.