Blog for Zip line Attraction in the Smoky Mountains
Located in Pigeon Forge, TN and near Gatlinburg and Sevierville.
By Ross Bodhi Ogle
Posted on June 13, 2017
Why do people enjoy ziplining so much? The most obvious answer is that it's a whole lot of fun. That's a given. But that's not the only positive thing to be gained from hanging out with us at Smoky Mountain Ziplines. This week, we'd like to offer you a little insider insight into some other benefits of ziplining you might not have thought about.
1. You'll have a good time. Yes, we've already mentioned this one, because it's the most obvious reason people go ziplining. But it bears repeating. Think about it: You're zooming through the treetops, high above the ground, traveling at speeds that you usually have to be behind the wheel of a car to reach. The wind is in your hair, the sun is on your face, and you're feeling an adrenaline surge that you probably haven't experienced in a while. How can that not be fun?
2. You'll bond with your fellow zipliners. Whether you're a married couple, parents and children, siblings, friends or co-workers, it's almost impossible to spend a morning or afternoon on our zipline course and not walk away with a stronger relational bond with the people you were with. You all shared the experience – excitement, fears and all – and you'll always have that day as a story to tell for decades to come. Years from now, when one of you recalls the event, you will surely chime in with your version of the story. A lot of times, folks strike up new friendships with total strangers while waiting for the tour to start or riding up the hill in our military-style transport vehicle or waiting their turn on the zipline platforms. It's not unusual for members of our tour groups to be from different parts of the country and make connections simply through casual conversation.
3. You may conquer a fear. The fact is that some people just don't like heights. And we get that; it takes a lot of guts to step off a platform dozens of feet in the air and trust that a few straps and harnesses and cables are going to keep you safe until you reach the other side. But remember that we have an impeccable safety record, and our guides are experienced and know what they're doing when it comes to keeping guests from harm at all times. If you can keep that in mind, you might just have no trouble taking that first leap of faith. And once you do, chances are you'll be unstoppable, and you'll leave that day feeling quite proud of yourself.
4. You'll see some great scenery. We're in the Great Smoky Mountains, one of the most beautiful locations on earth. From several vantage points along our canopy tour you'll see gorgeous near-panoramic views of the Smokies. The views are so awesome that you can have your photo taken in front of them, or you can whip out your phone and snap a few pics yourself.
5. You'll get the benefits of being outside. Especially this summer, get ready for lots of sun and fresh air. If you work an inside job or just don't get a chance to spend as much time outdoors as you'd like to, our Smoky Mountains zip line attraction is the cure for that. You don't have to do too much walking on our course, but you'll get some steps in for sure, and you can say you definitely spent some quality time outside in the mountains.
And if all that weren't enough, you might want to know that we're the highest rated outdoor attraction in Pigeon Forge according to TripAdvisor.com. Out of more than 1,300 customer reviews, more than 1,200 rate us as Excellent, and 74 rate us as Very Good. Combined, that's almost 99 percent of our total reviews!
One recent review says:
“Our family recently visited the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and during our visit decided to zip line, as my wife wanted to check it off her list. I was not too sure about it, as I am not crazy about heights. Smoky Mountain Ziplines made me feel completely comfortable, as you are either hooked up to a line (usually) or standing in a gated holding area. Our guides were Diesel and Phillip, and they were absolutely fantastic, cracking jokes throughout but always prioritizing safety. Smoky Mountain Ziplines was fabulous, and our entire family had a great time; it is well worth the money and highly recommended.