Blog for Zip line Attraction in the Smoky Mountains
Located in Pigeon Forge, TN and near Gatlinburg and Sevierville.
By Ross Bodhi Ogle
Posted on February 4, 2014
Our Pigeon Forge zip line attraction will be open for the season in just a few weeks. In the meantime, you could already be making plans for your next trip to the area. In addition to ziplining, of course, we strongly recommend that you spend some time in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. So this week, we've got some information that will help you learn a lot about the park and the mountains themselves.
• Established in 1934, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the largest national park east of the Rocky Mountains.
• Great Smoky Mountains National Park encompasses approximately 244,000 acres in Tennessee and 276,000 acres in North Carolina, for a total of 520,000 acres, or more than 800 square miles.
• Great Smoky Mountains National Park is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (although certain secondary roads, campgrounds and visitor facilities are closed during the winter).
• With approximately 9 to10 million visitors annually, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is also the most visited national park in the United States.
• In contrast, Grand Canyons National Park receives fewer than 5 million visitors annually.
• Great Smoky Mountains National Park is one of the few major national parks that charge no admission fee.